A trip to the Oakland Temple

Tuesday, October 18, 2011



Its been a long time since my last post. Here's a brief summary: We moved to Novato, Ca which is in the north bay part of San Francisco. Its about 20 minutes from the Golden Gate Bridge. At first we were excited to be in our new area and its totally beautiful up here. We have made some great friends too.
Well its been a rough few weeks for me lately. Its been a long time since I've been nostalgic about my family. I just wish my mom were alive and that my sister were here with me. Sometimes I just feel really alone and that I don't have anyone to share my feelings with. I love my grandmother and am very close to her but I don't want to worry a 99yr. old with my problems. I think about the times I would have wished to have my mom with me like when I was getting married and when I had my kids. Those are moments I'll always wonder what it would have been like with my mom around.
Not having a husband around doesn't help either haha. I think thats the main culprit for my "lonely" feelings. We hardly ever have dinner together, he has only one day off a week. His hours are crazy, I'm talking from 5 am to 9 pm. Next month his schedule gets crazier because aside from his working hours he is on call everyday of the month except for two days. This schedule drives me insane! I can't plan for anything. No time for myself, can't take any classes, can't have any cool family outings because he might get called in or he does get called in and our plans are cancelled.
On top of that I think my kids have been picking up on all these stress vibes because they are irritable and edgy.
So with all this I decided to take the three of us to our stake's Temple Day. It was the best thing I could do for myself. They had activities for the kids and a devotional. I was able to do a session and some other stuff which was cool. A friend of mine received her endownments that day and that was inspiring and uplifting. I left feeling refreshed and renewed.

I love these two little monkeys!
Bridge! They get so excited about bridges, I guess because we're always crossing one bridge or another.
I told them "Beautiful smiles! We're at the temple." This is Max's version of a smile.

1 comments:

Sierra Parke said...

Oh Angela,I'm sorry you are feeling down. Okay, we HAVE to chat this week!!! Tomorrow is rough because we have Conan's parents' friends coming for dinner tomorrow afternoon/evening so we'll be busy getting ready for that, but any day this week is perfect. I miss our chats, going on walks through Pennypack together, and just hanging out. Glad you had such a great and uplifting time at the temple. I absolutely LOVE Max's "beautiful" smile and Isela is GORGEOUS! Love you!!