Autumn in the North Bay

Monday, November 7, 2011

Halloween was very fun this year. We took many walks in our neighborhood just looking at all the spooky decorations. People go all out where we live. In fact Marin County holds many fall festivals and Halloween events right before the big day. A week before Halloween I decided to take some pictures of the kids wearing different costumes before they outgrew some of their old costumes.






Lately I've been thinking that I need to document of some of their crazy antics because I am so forgetful. I made these capes for them over spring break and they love to wear them. Isela likes to run around the house yelling, "I'm a supa hero!". Max likes to wear it to the park or when he's riding his bike.
In the far distance you can see part of the Bay.
Northern california is so beautiful. I really love where we live. It does take a little longer to cool down than in states with all four seasons but the good thing is that it is not as cold or confining as the snow.
Although it has been cooling down we have still been very active. I love being outdoors and I am fortunate that my city has many trails for me to explore.
Novato.

I really have been enjoying the alone time I get with Isela when max is in preschool.

A picture of Comet just because she is cute!

Another view of the Bay.

We had the opportunity to see family last week. We drove down the 101 to Sausalito right by the Golden Gate Bridge. My kids love this bridge. It was a super clear and suprisingly warm day so I took pictures.

Right across the Bay is San Francisco.
Its funny how the women end up with all the kids while the men go on rollercoaster rides. Hmm....

The kids and their distant cousins caught an up close look at this super friendly walrus.

These rides make me dizzy.

Last cool thing about this Fall is I found more trails! First time I tried to go Max freaked out about mountain lions and rattle snakes. I told him about the possible dangers so he was informed about running off by himself or poking around in those holes in the ground but it ended up scaring him. Hence, our first attempt at the new trails was a FAILURE. We can back again with Blair because he is a big strong daddy and no lion would go up against a daddy haha. Anyways we soon found out that there are so many poeple on these trails it is unlikely we would encounter anything dangerous.
Indian Valley Fire Road.

Max decided to play his trumpet during our walk.

I love it when our kids are affectionate to eachother.

Not a very good picture of salamander thing we found. But he is in there somewhere.

After this hike I convinced Blair to invest in a special harness that teaches Comet not to pull. She was really horrible during this walk so we went straight to the Humane Society and got her fitted. Today will be my first day trying it out on a nature walk.








0 comments: