potato stamps

Monday, August 31, 2009

For the sake of taking a quick shower I decided to entertain Max by letting him paint with some old nail polish that I don't use anymore. I gave him a piece of paper and he painted in my bathroom where I could check on him as I showered. He really had a blast playing with all the different shades of pink so I decided to do a real paint activity with him using non girl colors.



These are potato stamps and they are supposed to be a sail boat and a train. Carving the shapes into the potato was a lot harder than I thought.




Next time I'll use more colors and I think I'll attempt making some simple animal shapes.

1 comments:

Shilowe said...

What a fun activity. It looks like Max had a great time with all that gooey paint. :) I love that you let him play with your old nail polish, too. ha ha