Cherry Crest Adventure Farm

Monday, September 27, 2010


This place is so much fun. I only wish we would have gotten there earlier to do more things. This farm is located in Lancaster, about 1 1/2 hrs away but it is well worth it. The kids had a blast. There were slides, bounce pillows, jewel mining, mini tunnel maz for kids, play area for toddlers, a seriously GIANT maze that took us about 2 hours to get out of!

The maze had some fun things to do inside. I wish I would have gotten a picture of the zipline, rope climbing, and wolf cave.

Every year the farm has a new theme. This year it was Boy scouts so the corn field was carved into a a scene of a wolf howling at the moon and a man climbing a mountain.
Earlier in the day we visited the petting zoo. There was a sign over the pig area that said Three little pigs but the three was crossed out and was replaced by 2. Then under it was written the big bad wolf was here. I told Max about it. so when we entered the maze he was staying too far behind so I told him that the wolf was around and we needed to stick together in case he came to get us. At first he didn't believe me but coincidentally the maze had a wolf cave, and at one of the dead ends there was a trunk with feet sticking out. This started to scare Max that he didn't leave our sides. At the very end there was a big box with a sign that said to howl for the wolf to come out. Max was crying and I was laughing but I finally got him to howl with me and this little mechanical wolf rolled out. Max was so relieved!
We got to take a hay ride. The whole time Isela was pulling on my shirt letting me know that she wanted to nurse. I need to wean this girl soon!
The kids were able to hold and pet baby chicks. So cute!


Every 40 minutes or so this train would come by the farm. Max loved it!
An obstacle course to wear out the kids.






These sort of things I will miss about Pennsylvania. It makes me a little sad to leave.

1 comments:

Shilowe said...

What a fun place! I laughed so hard that you had to keep Max close by scaring him about the wolf---I have to do stuff like that to keep my boys in line, too. haha. I can't believe how fast your kids are growing! We sure miss you guys!