A summer away from home

Sunday, September 5, 2010

This summer Blair had to go away and do a few externships in Oregon and in Northern California. So I decided to spend the summer with family in southern california. It has been a blast!



Whats summer without some family fun? After a month of being apart Blair drove from Portland down to Central California where we met up for his family reunion. We didn't get to see or do much since we were there on the last day. Afterwards we hung out with his cousin in Fresno. Max loves his cousins.


Fourth of July





Dinkee Creek.





While Blair was in the Bay area we met up several times on the weekends. Here we are visiting another cousin in Fresno.






I took the kids to the OC Fair over the summer. It was blast. I love going to the fair and I especially enjoyed it because Max is older and can go on rides now.

The Chinese acrobats are amazing! They bend and twist in all sorts of positions. The best part of their show was eating funnel cake. Yum!


My aunt thougt it would be great to get a picture taken with a huge snake. I may look like I'm enjoying myself but thats hardly the case. I cringed every second of that shot. I will never hold a snake again just to cold and scaly for me.


The fair had a huge sand box and play area. It was a little hard convincing Isela that we had to go.








Needless to say we all had a great time! More pics to come.













2 comments:

emily a. said...

I'm glad it was such a good summer. Isela is so cute and growing!

Shilowe said...

What great summer fun! Your kids are cuter than ever and I can't believe that Isela is walking!!! We sure miss you guys! :)