Max y futbol

Tuesday, September 7, 2010


Max is no longer my baby or my chiquito. He tells me every day that he is a big kid. Sometimes he'll tell me about he used to be a baby but that now he is past that. Since we've been back home in Philly, Max has noticed some crayon markings on the wall and other things he's done and he will ask about them. So I explain to him that he did those things when he was a younger and he frowns and says" Mami I was a baby and I didn't know. I'm a big kid now." I love this kid to pieces!
I enrolled Max in three classes over the summer to keep him busy. He took swimming lessons which he loved. He was one of few who braved to go down the slide and jump off the diving board. Once he got to the edge he started to have second thoughts but before he could say no the lifeguard pushed him off. I thought it was funny but Max quickly stated that he would not be doing that again. Thats his swim instructor Miss Marilyn.






I also put Max into soccer because I would love it if he was a soccer fanatic like me but unfortunatly for me he has no interest in the sport. He plays well and gets the concept but I'm not sure if it was heat, time of day or what but he never was thrilled about going to soccer class even though he enjoyed himself while he was there. The good thing was that it really helped Max learn to follow directions though he had a little trouble with the teamwork aspect of it.



I know these are terrible pictures but I was having a hard time figuring out the settings on my camera. Lastly Max took a Smarty Pants class where he was able to learn all abut leters, numbers, and colors. He liked that class too. Next time I'm in Cali he'll be going to pre-school type class all by himself. I'm a bit nervous about that.





1 comments:

Sierra Parke said...

Wow, you guys were really busy while you were out in California! Tennyson is signed up right now in soccer, and yeah, he's not fond of it either. He had his first game Saturday and stood on the sidelines the entire time! Be sure to call us when you come out in October!